Skip to main content

Health Services

What health services are available in Royal Greenwich? 

Some children will need to see one health professional only such as a speech and language therapist, occupational therapist or physiotherapist through hospitals, children's centres and schools. Our health professionals work closely together with you to ensure that joint assessments are carried out when your child needs to see more than one health professional.

We have a number of specialist services that support children’s centres, nurseries and schools to meet the health needs of children with special educational needs and disability:

Children’s 2nd tier audiology (hearing) service - is a service that assesses children and young people's hearing to identify hearing difficulties and makes onward referrals for treatment and/or further management as appropriate

Children’s Community Nursing/Continuing Care and Nursing for Special Schools – supports children in schools and at home with complex medical needs

Children's Occupational therapy service – helps children with disabilities in managing all the tasks of everyday life – eating, dressing, self-care

Children’s physiotherapy – works with the child or young person to improve movement and normal body function

Community nutrition and dietetics service - helps children who have problems with food.

Community Paediatricians – specialist children’s doctors

Continence - Bladder and Bowel Service - help for disabled children and young people to help manage their continence.

Early Years Coordination Team - If a child has complex needs (3 or likely to need 3 services across Education and Health) any professional working with a child within Health, Children’s Services, the Voluntary Sector or General Practice can make a referral request to the Early Years Co-ordination Team (EYCT).

Greenwich child and adolescent mental health service – helps children and young people who have problems with for example, behaviour or self-esteem or depression

Health visiting - universal services that support all children under school age

Music Therapy – offers children and young people a different experience of shard play, interaction, learning and understanding through the use of music

Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) – helps newborn babies with disabilities

Speech and language therapy service – helps children learn to speak and understand

Young Greenwich Nurses (previously school nurses) – based in youth hubs supporting school aged children and young people.