What are the benefits of EHC Plans?
- Children, young people and their parents are at the centre of planning and should be seen as partners in the process.
- There is a focus on the child or young person’s aspirations for the future
- There is a focus on life outcomes – not just educational outcomes
- The process looks at each child and young person as an individual
- EHC Plans bring together education, health and care services into one plan.
- Children, young people and their parents should only have to tell their story once
- EHC Plans may support young people up to 25 years depending on educational needs
Will my child receive an EHC Plan?
- We will use the same criteria to agree to a needs assessment for an EHC Plan as we did for a statutory assessment for a Statement of SEN i.e. when it is considered that a child or young person may have special educational needs which cannot be reasonably provided for by the educational setting without an EHC Plan.
- Needs assessments will now be for an EHC Plan.
How do I get an EHC Plan?
- In the majority of cases it will be a child or young person’s educational setting that makes the request for a needs assessment.
- Parents can also request a needs assessment. If your child or young person is at school, then you are advised to speak to their teacher or the schools Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) first as they may be able to make the request for you.
- On the rare occasion that a parent wishes to make a request themselves, they should contact the SEND Assessment Team on:
tel: 020 8921 8029 / email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Who do I talk to if I think my child has special educational needs?
If you think your child may have special educational needs, contact the person in your child’s school or nursery responsible for special educational needs. This person is called the “SEN Coordinator” or “SENCo”.
Contact the SEND Assessment team 020 8921 8029 / email@example.com or your doctor if your child isn’t in a school or nursery.
You could also contact the SENDIASS Service (formerly Parent Partnership) on 020 8921 8402 for impartial advice.
You can find out more about Education Health and Care Plans and the processes in place in Royal Greenwich on the links to the right.
EHC Satisfaction Surveys
EHC NEEDS ASSESSMENT PROCESS FOR A NEW/AMMENDED EHC PLAN
This questionnaire is for parents or carers of children and young people aged 0-25 years who have received an assessment for a new or amended Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
We would like to learn about your experiences of the assessment process.
Your views are important to us so that we can learn how we can improve and develop the assessment process. Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey.
Click HERE to complete the survey on the process for a new or amended plan
EHC ANNUAL REVIEW PROCESS
This questionnaire is for parents or carers of children and young people aged 0-25 years who have gone through a review for an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). We would like to learn about your experiences of the review process.
Your views are important to us so that we can learn how we can improve and develop the review process. Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey
Click HERE to complete the survey on the annual review process