Transport assistance for people with mobility problems
Taxicards help people with mobility problems to get around independently. When you want to visit friends, go shopping or go out, simply call us with your card number and a licensed taxi (black cab) will pick you up.
Who to contact
Where to go
London Councils, 59 & A Half
- SE1 0AL
- Referral Details
To get Taxicard membership:
- you must live permanently in Royal Greenwich, and
- your mobility must be so restricted long-term that you cannot use public transport.
- In order to be eligible automatically, you should be able to provide proof that you are in one of these categories:
- you receive the Higher Rate Mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance
- you are registered as blind. Being partially sighted does not allow automatic entry
- you receive a War Pension Mobility Supplement.
If you are not in one of the above categories you can still apply, but you may need to get the application form signed by your GP and/or provide more information or have a mobility assessment.
How to apply
Taxicards are not issued by the Royal Borough of Greenwich. You can request an application form from London Councils TEC Taxicard by phone, email or post:
59½ Southwark St
London SE1 0AL
Telephone: 020 7934 9791
Fax: 020 7934 9699.
You can also contact our Mobility team to request a copy of the application form.
When making your application, be sure to include these details:
- your full name
- your full postal address
- the borough that you live in