Open Sound Ensemble
The Open Sound Ensemble is designed to be accessible to young people of secondary school age with special educational needs and disabilities. The courses will be run in Greenwich but we welcome applicants from across Greenwich and other local boroughs. Each young musician will need to be accompanied by a parent or carer – accompanying adults will be required to stay throughout the session and are very welcome to join the ensemble to play alongside their young people if they wish!
Whilst there are no specific entry requirements or audition process for young participants, we would suggest that the project will be most suited to young people who are:
- aware of their surroundings and able to interact in a group setting
- able to follow guidance from the LPO team, make deliberate creative choices and communicate these (verbally or non-verbally) to the group
- aware of their contribution to the group and able to participate with intention
- able to maintain focus for an extended period of time (note that there will be flexibility in this and breaks can be taken throughout the sessions as required)
Please note that young people do not need to be able to play an instrument (whether traditional or digital) before they join the ensemble. We will discuss all applications on an individual basis so we can best support each young person’s specific needs.
Once we have received your application, the LPO Education & Community team will be in touch with you directly to discuss your application in more detail. If you would like to discuss the application before this point, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Applications are now open for our Spring Course on 20 and 21 February 2020. For more information, please go to www.lpo.org.uk/opensound.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Hannah Tripp
- Contact Position
- Education and Community Coordinator
- 020 7840 4227 or 07887 501 531
Where to go
- Plumcroft Primary School 50 Vincent Road London SE18 6RG
- Age Ranges
- Referral required