Greenwich Carers Centre
The range of services we provide to individual carers, families with caring responsibilities and those that they support include:
Practical and emotional support for carers on a casework basis via our 'Carers Hub' approach
- An information and advice telephone line
- A telephone outreach service
Our December 2021 “What’s on Guide” is out now - to inform Carers of the activities available.
Activities and workshops are available to you both face to face and online including Singing groups, Gardening groups, Tai chi & Art classes( online and face to face ) .
Carers Coffee mornings “put the kettle on” are on Wednesdays so why not suggest Carers you know who may need to socialize, pop in for a cuppa and a chat ?
And don’t forget our Bistro is open from 10am -3pm Monday to Friday for everyone any anyone to enjoy .
Covid 19 Update:
We are happy to announce that the Greenwich Carers Centre is opening its doors from Monday 17th May 2021 and we can’t wait to have you back .
Our opening hours will be 10am-3pm , Monday – Friday.
We will continue taking temperature checks at the door for everyone’s safety and ask you to wear your mask around the building
- Regular telephone mentoring providing monthly, weekly or even daily when needed.
- Information, advice and carer referral line
07423 110 805
07423 108 446
- Covid-19 related directory, emergency plan and well-being plan available upon request
- Carer support meetings via Zoom (“Put the Kettle On”)
- Monthly zoom forum for carers of someone with a mental health issue
- Weekly coffee mornings via zoom for carers of someone with a learning disability (every Monday)
- Carers confirmation letter (for those carers known to us) in order to enable access to supermarket priority hours.
- Counselling service by Zoom or telephone
- Individual emergency grants from The Carers Trust of up to £300 for a single item
- Online self-care in action consultations
- Dementia Packs available by post
- Information packs for carers available by post or email
- The Greenwich Carers Centre Online Wellbeing Hub is being developed especially for those with unpaid care responsibilities within the Royal Borough of Greenwich. The one stop hub will provide access to online therapeutic, emotional, mental and physical wellbeing activities, a library of free resources.
We're based in a beautiful 17th century building that provides a destination for carers and where we run an extensive menu of activities including Yoga, Tai Chi, Singing,
Exercise classes to name just a few for just £5.
- A programme of 'community, social events' that include Fun Days, Concerts, Social Nights, Garden Parties, Art Exhibitions, Fairs. We also host large events for local authorities and other third sector providers.
- A volunteering service
- A respite short break holiday service
- A subsidised café
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Mark Foulds
- Contact Position
- Information and advice
- 0300 300 2233
- Greenwich Carers Centre
We have been providing a range of tailored support and information services to unpaid carers for over 27 years. We are widely regarded as being the sole purpose-designed centre in the UK and our innovative work is regarded as flagship service delivery by the Local Authority. Since our inception in 1991 we have built a solid reputation for knowledge and expertise alongside a significant body of work supporting over 2000 unpaid carers. This includes families and individuals with care responsibilities and those 'transitioning' into the carer role for the first time. Our ethos is all about breaking down barriers between social care and the community and although managed locally, we are part of an extensive network of providers under the umbrella of the Carers Trust. After 27 years of successful service delivery, we are proud that we are firmly established as the 'go to' organisation for carer support services among statutory and non-statutory providers
Where to go
- Greenwich Carers Centre
76 Hornfair Road
- SE7 7BD
- Referral required
- Other notes