Early Years Inclusion Team - SEND Early Years (0-3yrs) keyworker
Families of children and young people with complex needs and disabilities often need to see a whole range of health, educational and care professionals, for a variety of reasons, at different stages and times of the child’s life.
Some families and carers can be overwhelmed by the many different agencies, organisations or people they may have to deal with; others may not be aware of all the services and support on offer to them.
The Key Worker works together with families, to ensure that they can access all the support and services which they may require. We offer targeted home based support within a time limited framework, we will consult with the family and other professionals involved to clearly identify child and family need, this support will be assessed and reviewed regularly with the parent / carer, keyworker and Team Leader.
A keyworker helps families with information, communication and care co-ordination as a single point of reference. The partnership working between families, keyworker and other professionals mean that families remain at the heart of any discussions or decisions about their child, their views and wishes and those of the young person are listened to and respected. The expertise of the family is valued by the keyworker and is an integral part of future plans made to support the child with SEND.
The support that a keyworker can offer may include a combination of:
• Use a keyworker approach to coordinate services for children under 3yrs with complex needs who are not yet in a setting.
• Facilitate the application for DLA to ensure the child and family can access relevant community services, such as an early years setting, including the Together for 2’s service.
• Provide advice and information to families of children under 3yrs with complex needs and their professional network to ensure the inclusion of the child in the community.
Your child can receive support from the SEND Early Years Keyworker if they meet the following criteria:
· Child lives in the Royal Borough of Greenwich
· They not in an educational setting and are aged between 0-3 years old
· Child has complex disabilities
· Child is / or should be known to 3 or more Targeted or Specialist services
· Child has been referred to Early Years Coordination Team (EYCT)
· Child has just moved into RBG and has complex disabilities
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Anita Smith
- 020 8921 3311
Where to go
- SEND Outreach Support Services
Kings Park Campus
Eltham Palace Road
- SE9 5LX
- Age Ranges
- 0-3 years old
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals to the SEND Early Years Keyworker will not usually be accepted by families directly but we will accept referrals from key professionals (with signed parental consent) involved with the child through the Early Years Coordination Team.
- Other notes
If you need to complain or discuss the service your child is receiving from the Early Years Inclusion Team- SEND Early Years (0-3) keyworker you can do this via the Team Leader, or through the Royal Borough of Greenwich complaints department.