Oxleas Children's Occupational Therapy Service
The Occupational Therapy team is part of the Greenwich Children's Integrated Therapies Service and sits across the 3 Integrated Therapies Service areas of:
1. Early Years Team (under 5s) which offers easy access to initial assessment via weekly assessment clinics, and a range of needs led, one-to-one and group interventions. This may include nursery and school visits or home visits as required. Parent sensory training sessions are also regularly available.
2. School Years Team which provides assessment and intervention for children and Young People aged 5-25 who attend mainstream schools. This team offers a rolling programme of group intervention (dependent on need) including functional skills groups, circuit groups, handwriting groups and tool use groups. Parent sensory training sessions are also regularly available. OT provision within the ASD Outreach team is also provided and this intervention may include school consultation, training, one to one or group intervention dependent on need and directed by the ASD outreach manager.
3. Special Schools Team which provides assessment and intervention for children and Young People who have profound and complex needs and attend a Greenwich Special School.
Most assessment and intervention take place in health clinic settings and within educational settings although some care is provided in Children’s Centres or the family home.
More information can be found at www.childrensintegratedtherapies.co.uk
Who to contact
- 020 8836 8621
- Children's Integrated Therapies
Oxleas Patient Experience survey
The Oxleas Patient Experience survey gives you the opportunity to feedback on the care and treatment you have received. We also encourage your friends, family and carers to also provide feedback. Hearing your views gives us a better understanding of the needs of our patients, families and carers which helps us to make sure that we are providing a good standard of care.
The short survey only takes a few minutes to complete and you can provide a written comment explaining what you think is working well and what is not. The Patient Experience team will collect the results of the surveys and these are shared with the relevant departments and management teams. This helps us to shape our services to continually improve the quality of the care and treatment we provide.
Where to go
- Children’s Therapy Department
- SE2 0AY
- Referral required
- Referral Details
The Occupational Therapy Service is for Children and Young People with specific functional or movement skills needs who has a Greenwich GP and/or attends a Greenwich school. Your child can receive support if they are:
- Aged 0-19 with a statement or Education, Health and Care Plan
- Aged 19-25 in education with a statement or Education, Health and Care Plan
- Children and young people with identified need but without a statement or Education, Health and Care Plan
- This will include support for children on EOL pathways as part of palliative care plans
We have an open access policy where your child can be referred by yourself, a health or educational professional. We operate a triage system for all new referrals. If you want to refer your child you should email the address above or speak to your Health Visitor or school SENCO - they can refer on your behalf. Health and education referrers are asked to complete a referral form.
- Other notes
How to complain about anything related to the service you receive for your child?
If you have any concerns about the service you and your child is receiving, please contact your therapist in the first instance or the service manager. We will aim to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. If you feel you need to take your concerns further we have a complaints process. Further information can be found on www.oxleas.nhs.uk
Local Offer Age Bands
Pre-Birth - 5 years