Oxleas Children’s Speech and Language Therapy Service
The Speech and Language Therapy team is part of the Greenwich Children's Integrated Therapies Service and sits across the 3 Integrated Therapies Service areas of:
1. Early Years Team (under 5s) which focuses on prevention and early intervention of speech, language and swallowing difficulties, including an ICAN Speech and Language Centre
2. School Years Team which provides assessment and intervention for children and Young People aged 5-25 who attend mainstream schools. Some children attend Designated Specialist Provisions (DSPs) which are situated within mainstream schools but offer increased levels of specialist support for difficulties such as Autism, Developmental Language Disorder (DLD), Moderate Learning Difficulties or Hearing Impairment. Other children attend alternative provisions to support them with their SEMH needs. Services are also provided to the Youth Offending Service (YOS) and the ASD Outreach team.
3. Special Schools Team which provides assessment and intervention for children and Young People who have profound and complex needs and attend a Greenwich Special School.
Assessment and intervention take place takes place in a range of ways. Some appointments are carried out remotely via phone or video while others take place in educational settings. Care is also provided in Health Centres, Children’s Centres or the family home.
More information can be found at https: www.childrensintegratedtherapies.co.uk
Who to contact
- 020 8836 8621
Oxleas Patient Experience survey
The Oxleas Patient Experience survey gives you the opportunity to feedback on the care and treatment you have received. We also encourage your friends, family and carers to also provide feedback. Hearing your views gives us a better understanding of the needs of our patients, families and carers which helps us to make sure that we are providing a good standard of care.
The short survey only takes a few minutes to complete and you can provide a written comment explaining what you think is working well and what is not. The Patient Experience team will collect the results of the surveys and these are shared with the relevant departments and management teams. This helps us to shape our services to continually improve the quality of the care and treatment we provide.
Where to go
- Memorial Hospital
- SE18 3RG
- Referral required
- Referral Details
We have an open access policy where your child can be referred by yourself, a health or educational professional. We operate a triage system for all new referrals. If you want to refer your child you should email the address above or speak to your Health Visitor or school SENCO - they can refer on your behalf. Health and education referrals are asked to complete a referral form.
Referrals can be made to the service using the Integrated Therapies Referral Form.
The Speech and Language Therapy Service is for Children and Young People with Speech, Language and Communication Needs who has a Greenwich GP and/or attends a Greenwich school. Your child can receive support if they are:
- Aged 0-19 with a statement or Education, Health and Care Plan
- Aged 19-25 in education with a statement or Education, Health and Care Plan
- Children and young people with identified Speech, Communication and Language Need but without a statement or Education, Health and Care Plan
- Other notes
How to complain about anything related to the service you receive for your child?
If you have any concerns about the service you and your child is receiving, please contact your therapist in the first instance or the service manager. We will aim to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. If you feel you need to take your concerns further we have a complaints process. Further information can be found on www.oxleas.nhs.uk
Local Offer Age Bands
- Pre-Birth - 5 years
- 5-11 years
- 11-16 years
- 16-19 years
- 19-25 years