Listening Ears is committed to reducing loneliness, isolation and depression, by providing emotional and lifestyle support with empowerment to achieve an improved health and enhanced quality of life. We listen with a non-judgemental approach, identify challenges and motivate change to achieve the ultimate goal of total wellbeing.
Our current projects include:
Activities at our Feel Good Centres include:
- Interactive sessions to make new friends
- Board games and Bingo
- Health checks (blood pressure, BMI)
- Information sessions on health, safety & security
- Chair-based exercises and gentle physical activity sessions
- Line Dancing
- Zumba Gold
- Stretch & Relax sessions
- Tai Chi
- Luncheon club session
2. Community Angels. With the help and assistance of our committed volunteers, we provide companionship and befriending support service users and encourage them to develop interactive skills which will ultimately improve their health as they gradually overcome their isolation. Our volunteers visit each client at least once in a week and give them companionship for about an hour. In addition, we provide telephone befriending support to these individuals from our Admin support and helpline.
3. Rosebud Centre for Girls. A project for girls and young women between the ages of 7 and 25 providing an engaging and practical platform to nurture and empower young women and girls.
The centre offers a range of training and workshop sessions in a variety of interests areas including: life skills, vocational skills and crafts, career development and emotional wellbeing.
4. Steps2Living. Our robust support and empowerment programme focussing on the small steps of change that service users need to take to achieve improved health and well-being. Workshops and training provides information on healthy eating and healthy cooking options as well as guidance to healthy weight management.
Please see our website for further details: https://listeningears.org/