Healthier You - NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme (NDPP)
Healthier You: NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme is part of the national programme which by 2020 is expected to provide support to 100,000 individuals each year.
Those referred to the service will receive tailored, personalised support to reduce their risk of Type 2 diabetes including education on healthy eating and lifestyle, help to lose weight and physical exercise programmes, all of which together have been proven to reduce the risk of developing the disease.
You are eligible for your local NHS Healthier You service if you meet the following criteria:
- Aged 18 years and over
- Registered with a GP practice in Greenwich
- Have high glucose levels
- Not pregnant
- Able to take part in light/moderate physical activity
How to join
If you have been told you are at risk of diabetes and meet the criteria, you can access your local Healthier You programme by a referral from your GP or nurse or a referral from a Health Check professional
What can you expect?
Your local Healthier You service is free to all those at risk of Type 2 diabetes, who are registered with a GP in Greenwich. Once you have confirmed your place, you will be supported through the following programme:
- Initial one-to-one assessment with your Health & Wellbeing Coach to assess your health and wellbeing, understand your individual needs, motivations and programme goals.
- Join a local group programme, which consists of nutrition guidance and support, individual strategies and tools to empower long term progress and physical activity sessions and advice.
- Your end of programme one-to-one review with your Health & Wellbeing Coach will celebrate your successes and achievements and consolidate learning to date. This one-to-one will support you with setting your post-programme goals.
Sessions are held at various locations with times to suit you, including day, evenings and weekends. You’re sure to find one convenient for you.
For more information about Healthier You go to https://preventing-diabetes.co.uk/south-london/
Who to contact
- 0333 577 3010
- Healthier You - Diabetes Prevention Programme
Where to go