September 2020 World Alzheimer's month lead by Alzheimer's Disease International (ADI) we offer free virtual Dementia Awareness training to book a session for your team contact email@example.com
Some useful Dementia information https://www.alz.co.uk/ can also be found on Alzheimer's Disease International
- May 2020 Virtual Dementia Inclusive Greenwich awards event. A celebration in recognition of all the wonderful businesses, organisations and charities part of Dementia Inclusive Greenwich network and awarding the new ones with their accreditation. The awards were presented by Councilor Averil Lekau and the event was held virtually on the Cutty Sark and jointly hosted by Royal Museums Greenwich.
- November 2019: Dementia Congress. Greenwich Dementia Reference Group at the 14th Dementia Congress in Doncaster. The Dementia Reference Group presented their poster, 'An active part not acting apart in Greenwich' describing the group's journey from its launch 2017 to the present day.
- November 2019 Dementia Inclusive Network Group (DING) - launch
- August 2019 Guardian Newspaper article: 'Healthy Social Life could ward off dementia'
- ASDA Charlton - Quiet Shopping Hour Every Monday between 11am and 12pm for customers who prefer a calmer shopping experience.
- May 2019 Dementia Action Day To mark National Dementia Action week 2019 we are holding an event at the National Maritime Museum on 9th May.
- August 2018 Dementia Inclusive Greenwich - the borough has been awarded dementia friendly communities status from Dementia Friends (an Alzheimer's Society Intiative). This is in recognition of the work to make Greenwich a dementia inclusive borough to live, learn, work and visit. Click on the following link for further information: Dementia Friendly Communities.
- 21st - 25th May 2018 National Dementia Action week.
- World Alzheimers Month - September 2017
- Forever Young Festival September 2017
- Dementia Awareness Week - launch of the Dementia Referfence Group 14th-20th May 2017
- BBC News item: