Skip to main content

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Local Offer


Caring for a child or young person with a special educational need or disability can involve extra or unexpected costs. There are various sources of financial support available to help with these costs, details of which can be found in the sections below.

Visit the government's Help if you have a disabled child website for general information.

Greenwich Welfare Rights Service

The Welfare Rights Service advises Royal Greenwich residents on tax credits and benefits.

You can find advice and information, on a range of benefits and other forms of financial support on their website here.

Welfare Rights Service can also provide a free benefit check to make sure you are not missing out on benefits and tax credits.