Family pressures can sometimes be difficult to manage without emotional support and guidance to help. Many people feel confused by what information is available or struggle to access services close to home.
Our free FamilyLine service tackles these issues in a new and innovative way by using a network of volunteers from across the country to support family members over the age of 18 through telephone calls, email, web chat and text message.
The service aims to:
- provide both immediate and long-term support
- help with practical information and guidance
- provide emotional and listening support
- help with understanding and accessing relevant services and information
- provide regular one-to-one befriending support to service users feeling isolated
- access to short term telephone counselling
e use a team of trained volunteers with the knowledge and experience of family issues to support service users via telephone, text, web chat and email.
We are here to provide a listening ear, answer particular parenting questions or help with guidance around more complex family issues. We can also provide longer-term support through regular sessions with our Befrienders and Counsellors. All support takes place via telephone, text message, web chat or email and is free.