Breastfeeding is the healthiest choice for mums and babies with lots of proven benefits:
- Breast milk has everything your baby needs to stay healthy and has health benefits for you too.
- Helps mum and baby to bond.
- Breast milk is available for your baby whenever they need it.
Breastfeeding drop-ins in Greenwich help mums to:
- Get started with breastfeeding.
- Support mums with any breastfeeding concerns.
- Answer any breastfeeding questions and provide information on formula feeding.
- Prepare for returning to work.
Breastfeeding Friendly Greenwich
Breastfeeding Friendly Greenwich makes it easier for you to find places where you can breastfeed your baby when you are out and about in Greenwich. It’s your legal right to breastfeed anywhere, but many mums feel uncomfortable breastfeeding when out and about, due to sometimes inappropriate facilities and negative responses.
Look out for the Breastfeeding Friendly Greenwich sticker in cafes, restaurants, libraries, leisure centres and more around the borough, where you can be sure it will be a safe and welcoming place for you to breastfeed your baby.